Villa Olivia History

Named after the original owner's daughter, the Villa Olivia estate was built in the early 1900's in the town of Bartlett. Among the luxuries of the estate, there was a golf course that now serves as the cornerstone of the Villa Olivia Country Club, purchased in 1966 by the Corrado Family.

The golf course is just the beginning of what is offered at Villa Olivia. In 1968, the Corrado's realized the underutilized potential of their property during the winter months. As a result, a ski facility was opened with enhancements finished in 1975. The ski operation currently offers 12 lighted downhill runs serviced by one four-person chair lift and six tow rope lifts. The ski facility is the most professionally run in the immediate Chicagoland area and currently hosts the Chicago Tribune Ski School aimed at beginners and intermediate skiers. It is the ideal facility for the novice skier just getting his/her first taste of the sport or the advanced skier perfecting his/her ability. The facility has complete ski snowmaking machines, snow-grooming vehicles cross country trails, ski equipment rentals, and clubhouse facility to service that most important time when the skiers are not perfecting their craft.

Since the opening of the golf course and its clubhouse facility, the clubhouse has been host to countless weddings and banquets and currently serves both the Elgin and Bartlett Rotary Club luncheons on a weekly basis. The clubhouse has two full banquet rooms and can accommodate up to 850 guests. It is booked on a year round basis and is one of the finer facilities in the northwest suburban area.
 

Villa Olivia is now a part of the Bartlett Park District.